- A major Australian coal seam gas operator engaged PSA Engineering to accelerate a project, targeting an increase in well commissioning from 50 wells to 150 per month.
- When PSA Engineering came on board, our client was significantly behind on their delivery schedule. The delay presented major implications for our client who was at risk of exceeding budget and failing in their commitment to complete the construction and commissioning of 1000 wells by the end of 2013.
- PSA successfully implemented a new project structure, ensuring our clients meet their budgetary requirements and contractual commitments.
- We met the initial well target of 150 per month.
- Record month of 169 wells achieved in November 2013
- 1000 wells delivered ahead of schedule in December 2013
- All on-going targets have been met and, in many areas, exceeded.
- All wells commissioned are fully operational and delivered within budget.
- Our satisfied client maintained and expanded our services.
The well commissioning project showcases PSA Engineering’s industry expertise and experience.
Our client was significantly behind on their schedule to deliver 1000 fully commissioned wells that would supply gas to an LNG project’s upstream facilities. Our highly skilled team worked closely with our client to develop and implement a new project model, which included:
- Setting up a new structure that included a highly qualified project manager to drive the project
- Appointing a site administration assistant to support the new structure
- Outlining an agreed scope of work in contractual agreement with the client
- Developing an action plan to expand, manage, support and train an increased number of E&I technicians
- Quickly expanding our numbers of E&I technicians to form a team capable of meeting our client’s objectives
- Providing all staff with all necessary equipment and resources to complete all daily tasks.
Complex problems require innovative solutions
We partner with you to deliver innovative, integrated and compliant engineering solutions. Find out more about our capability.