- Our client, a leading company in the Australian coal seam gas (CSG) industry, engaged PSA Engineering to deliver an end-to-end engineering solution to monitor and control the permanent pumping station and flow meter.
- Operating water-gathering systems in the Queensland Surat Basin, our client required a permanent pumping station to replace the temporary water management system and pump water to a new larger capacity pond before processing at a water treatment plant.
- PSA Engineering successfully delivered a solution that removed the need for increased pond capacity and saved our client hundreds of thousands of dollars in additional works.
- Our solution increased the permanent system’s capacity, providing greater agility in the storage and handling of the water.
- We carried out the works with minimal interruption to the pumping system, ensuring no adverse effect to the pond level.
- We delivered the project within the parameters set by the client.
Our end-to-end solution included the design, installation and commissioning of the electricals, instrumentation and controls required to monitor and control the permanent pumping station and flow meter.
Preparation and planning ensured the works took place with minimal interruption to our client’s operation, and included:
- Detailed design documentation, operation and maintenance manuals, operator and technician training
- Preparation of work packages and onsite management of all HSE aspects – Permit to Work, Safe Work Method Statements, JSEA, site establishment (signs, barriers), simultaneous operations coordination with other onsite contractors etc
- Installation of junction boxes, cable trays, Honeywell RTU, earthing, water level and quality instrumentation, emergency shutdown pushbuttons etc
- Design, installation and commissioning of telemetry systems
- SCADA software configuration and commissioning, loop checks
- Preparation and conducting of ITP/ITP punch list and commissioning certification with the client
- Post commissioning support.