- A leading Australian coal seam gas operator engaged PSA Engineering to deliver a solution addressing network integration problems between existing brownfield sites and several new greenfield facilities commissioned in geographically isolated areas.
- Telecommunications infrastructure construction delays and network integration problems with the brownfield facilities were at risk of causing project commissioning delays and increasing operational costs.
- Control system engineering
- Brownfield integration
- Turnkey engineered solution
- PSA Engineering designed and commissioned a carrier-grade MPLS (multiprotocol label switching) process control network (PCN) spanning over 30 sites and 250km of regional facilities.
- The delivery schedule was accelerated, removing the project’s dependency on delayed facility construction.
- Costs were reduced by removing the requirement for duplicated telecommunications infrastructure previously required for the multi-vendor environment to be commissioned in parallel to the primary PCN.
- We delivered the project on time and within budget.
To engineer a solution that solved our client’s network integration problems, PSA Engineering liaised with the key stakeholders to collate the requirements for both the brownfield and greenfield facilities. Once we had compiled a detailed overview, we were able to design and commission a carrier grade MPLS process control network that delivered an integrated solution for all sites.
- PSA Engineering compiled the business and technical requirements from brownfield operations and greenfield project delivery stakeholders, including the automation contractors.
- PSA Engineering designed and commissioned a carrier-grade MPLS process control network spanning over 30 sites and 250km of regional facilities.
Complex problems require innovative solutions
We partner with you to deliver innovative, integrated and compliant engineering solutions. Find out more about our capability.