- A leading Australian coal seam gas (CSG) operator engaged PSA Engineering to install and commission a new SCADA server, extending the existing Honeywell Experion SCADA platform’s capacity and service life.
- At the time of implementation, our client used the SCADA system for real-time control and monitoring of over 2000 Coal Seam Gas (CSG) wellheads, four CSG field compression and processing plants and four sales stations well as water infrastructure associated with dewatering operations.
- Control system engineering
- Technology procurement and integration
- SCADA integration
- Project management
- PSA Engineering delivered a quality engineering solution that extended the capacity and increased the existing system’s reliability. The new server has operated continually, without issue, for over twelve months.
- The new Honeywell Experion SCADA server was installed ahead of schedule, within budget and fully meeting the client’s requirements.
- We worked effectively within our client’s complex approval process and interfaced the vendor supplier to provide the required equipment ahead of schedule.
PSA Engineering demonstrated a deep understanding of our client’s business needs by delivering a solution that ensured the new server’s compatibility and cost-effectiveness.
The extensive experience within our team, combined with the excellent relationships we maintain with technology vendors allowed us to complete the project ahead of schedule.
Our engineering solution for the integration of the new Honeywell Experion SCADA server included:
- Engineering the design of the expanded system
- Successfully managing financial approvals with the client and the vendor supplier Honeywell
- Managing engineering approvals, to ensure full and correct management of change. This was critical to prevent disruption to the operational system.
- Management of change processes included software change requests, MOC approvals, risk reviews and supporting engineering work packs.
- In association with the vendor supplier, Honeywell, managing procurement and supply of the hardware, software and licences for use in the new server.
- Managing installation at the client site. This included management of all safety compliance requirements, coordination with operations and completions.
- Conducting all testing, commissioning and start-up for the upgraded system.